Overview of SQL Server Error 9002Sometimes while working on SQL Server database we come across an error 9002. Which indicates that Transaction log for SQL Server is full. There may be several reasons through which the log file may become very large and run out of space or become full. Transaction log error 9002 generally occur when a log file is full or the disk space in which log file stored is full and cannot expand the log files further. In such circumstances, database remains online, but can only be read and no update operation can be performed. If this error occur while recovery then databases marked as resource pending.
Error 9002 msg:
The log file for database '%*Is' is full. Back up the transaction log for the database to free up some log space.SQL Server database records all the transactions and the modifications done by each transaction. Transaction log must be regularly truncated to maintain the log space and keep it away from filling up. Some operations can be minimally logged to reduce their impact on transaction log size.
If the error 9002 occurred, when database was in recovery mode then after resolving problem ALTER DATABASE database_name SET ONLINE must be used.
How to Fix SQL Server Error 9002?Following action can be performed for troubleshooting SQL Server transaction log full Error 9002:
- Log backup can be done.
- Log file can be moved to some other disk having sufficient space.
- Log file size can be increased.
- Freeing disk space so that the log file may grow automatically.
- Long running transactions could be killed.
- Adding a log file to other disk.
The above actions performed for troubleshooting t-sql error 9002 described below:
Transaction Log BackupIn case database uses the full or bulk-logged recovery model, and transaction log backup has not been done recently. Then there is need to take recent backup of the transaction log to free some space and supports restoring the database from a specific point. Log backup should be taken frequently to keep the log from filling up again.
Moving Log File to Another DiskIf creating enough space on the disk that containing the log file is not possible, then log file should be moved to some other disk having sufficient space. While moving log file one should never place the log file on a compressed file system. The log file can be moved by using concept of database detach and attach.
sp_detach_db executed to detach database.
sp_attach_db executed to attach database.
Increase Log File SizeAs maximum size for log file is two terabytes(TB). So if space available on the disk log file size can be increased. Size can be increased manually to produce a single grow increment in case autogrow disable and a database is online. Also, we can enable autogrow by using ALTER DATABASE statement.
Freeing Disk SpaceThe disk containing the transaction log file can be freed by deleting or moving some files from that disk to another disk. Freeing the disk space will enlarge the log file automatically on that disc.
Add Log file to Another DiskA new log file can be added to the database on the different disk by using ALTER DATABASE
ConclusionWe get to know about SQL Server Transaction Log Error 9002. Error 9002 in SQL Server occurred when the transaction log file is full. While moving or deleting a transaction log file the outcome of the action performed should be kept in mind. Several actions which can be performed to solve this error are discussed briefly.
SQL Server is the well-developed Microsoft entity which provides flexible and correlational data management services to the organizations. Also referred sometimes as MS SQL and Microsoft SQL Server, The SQL Server is basically a set of relational database management service which extensively supports ANSI SQL, which is a standard server language. The SQL server also contains T-SQL, which is its own SQL implementation. Microsoft offers SQL server in different editions with different features and outcomes.
- Enterprise Edition: Being the most expensive among SQL Servers, the Enterprise edition is meant for large organizations that deal in bulk volume of data every second.
- Standard Edition: Perfectly designed to act as support for small and medium scale enterprises. It is prefect for medium level data volume.
- Workgroup Edition: Perfect for startups and very small scale business groups. It is perfectly used for backend database for small webservers.
- Express Edition: It is a free edition that is meant for distribution as it has limited number of features to be used. This edition is often referred to replace the Access database.
The availability of different editions of SQL Server is not so difficult, but the most common observation in every edition of SQL Server is issues with MDF and LDF files. The entire database of SQL server is saved in Master copy called MDF files. The MDF database files are the primary database file which entails schema and data. The other file format is LDF that maintains Log files. Due to some reasons the MDF files getcorrupt. To fix these MDF files it is important to take required action through some reliable source like Kernel for SQL Server.
Necessity of External Assistance
Kernel for SQL Server is an external agency designed to fix the MDF files that got corrupt due to technical complications. This SQL Server tool is perfect to fix the most notorious SQL-related issues. It includes:
- MSDTC configuration issues.
- Non-existent Disaster Recovery Plan.
- Weak SQL login password.
- TEMPDB pagelatch contention.
- System Memory issues.
- Usage of NOLOCK.
- Non-scheduled Database Integrity checks.
From being a perfect tool to fix the SQL related issues to being a tool for maintaining the SQL Server, Kernel for SQL Server effectively manages every task assigned to it in a very simple manner. The entire credit goes to the inbuilt algorithm that drives the entire process.
An Intro to Kernel for SQL ServerDesigned to fix the MDF file corruption with Auto SQL Version Detection Feature, Kernel for SQL Server haunts the SQL – related issues every time. The QFSCI algorithm takes care of the entire process with a great care for MDF file components. To experience the real functioning of Kernel for SQL Server the evaluation version can be downloaded that works exactly like the licensed version with a limitation of not restoring the recovered MDF files. The performance of this celebrity tool also depends upon the system configuration and supported versions. To eliminate any chance of incompatibility, the tool supports all versions of MS SQL Server, Windows OS and Windows Server. Moreover, prior downloading the evaluation version of the tool, it must be known to the user that the tool perfectly works in the system that comprises Pentium class processor with minimum 64 MB RAM and enough disk space to save results.
What is so special about Kernel for SQL Server?
Ardent features, which were once the dream of SQL Server users are now the reality and that too in the platform which can be easily managed. With user-friendly graphic interface no special training is required nor is any technical background needed. The only thing expected from the user is knowledge of the location of the MDB files and a rough estimate about the SQL repair tool’s working.
The specialty of Kernel for SQL Server lies in its features. These features play significant role in recovering the damaged MDB files:
- Reveals the SQL Server version automatically.
- Effective recovery of MDF files.
- Essentially restores MDF file components like Tables, Index, keys and much more.
- Dual Saving modes to save the MDF files differently.
- Provides ‘Preview’ option to view the recovered items to ensure correctness.
- Maintains data integrity throughout the process.
- Independent of MDF file size limit.
- Recovery of multiple MDF files in a single repair cycle.
To explore more about the tool it is suggested to download the trial version of the tool that works alike licensed version with a limitation of not saving the recovered MDF files.
Expanding Every Valuable Feature
- Witty Selection of MDF Files: Kernel for SQL Server makes quick selection of MDF files required to be recovered. To make this happen, the user-friendly GUI of the tool is available which can be independently tackled by any naïve user. To initiate it, user has to launch the SQL Recovery software followed by selecting the concerned MDF files. Once it is done the tool is ready to go.
- Automatic Selection of SQL Server Version: To know the version of affected MDB files normally user applies conventional techniques but owing to the new technology that is used by external tool it has become very easy to find it out. To make this happen user has to select the concerned EDB file, upload it and tick the box that reads ‘Auto Detect Database Version’. On selection of this feature, your workload remains half and rest is performed by the third-party tool.
- Stunning Recovery: The MDB files subjected to recovery are perfectly loaded by the user. With this action the manual support for the tool ends here. Now, following the remaining steps, everything is automated and just needs manual clicks to keep the process on going. On recovery of concerned MDF files, the user’s screen appears as like
- Schematic Representation of Recovered Items: SQL Recovery Tool delivers B-tree structure of the recovered MDF file components. The schematic representation of the recovered items clearly makes the way for the user to select the specific file to ensure the correctness in the recovery process. User has to just select the object from the tree prior saving. When selection is made, the requisite content will be displayed on the right pane of the Window.
- Save what is recovered: Post deciding that recovery is perfect, now is the time to get introduced to the stunning saving option. The saving mode gives a choice of saving the recovered files directly to SQL Server or simply to the Batch File.
- Knowing the Performance Capacity: The Performance capacity of Kernel for SQL Server can be witnessed without spending a money or clicking the dialog box for online annual subscription. User has to simply download the evaluation version of the SQL Server recovery tool that has some limited potential to recover the damaged MDF files up to some extent. However, user cannot save any recovered files with it. To do so, the licensed version has to be purchased that facilitates limitless recovery irrespective of the SQL Server version.
- Speedy Delivery of License Key: Kernel for SQL Server is known for its outstanding performance. If user is satisfied with the tool’s performance in the evaluation version and is willing to purchase the licensed version of the same, then it can be done by using any of the different payment options like PayPal, Credit/Debit, E-Cheque and Pay Order. Once payment is received, the key of the licensed version is sent through the email to the user. In totality, it merely takes few minutes to procure the license key of the tool.
- Round-the-Clock Technical Support: The software is ardent in maintaining the client relationship. It is made possible by allowing technical support to the client whenever needed. Every ticket raised by the user is important for us and it is dealt with a great concern. After providing the required solution, it is conformed if user is facing any issues. The technical follow-up is kept to trace the history of the query that made the client concerned. To gain the online help related to SQL database recovery tool, user can simply log on to https://www.kerneldatarecovery.com/sql-recovery.html
Kernel for SQL Server Provides a Common Stage
Kernel for SQL Server is a center-stage to different versions of MS SQL and other required applications. The single stop solution for affected SQL files is responsible for fixing the SQL database irrespective of the version of its origin. To materialize the claimed capacity, the tool supports all versions of the required programs. This also eliminates all chances of incompatibility issues.
- MS SQL Server 2014/2012/2008 R2/2008/2005
- Windows 10/8.1/8/7/Vista/XP/2000/98/NT/95
- Windows Server 2012/2008 R2/2008/2003 R2/2003
Where Kernel for SQL Server fits the best?
The SQL Server Recovery tool graciously performs well in the system that comprises:
- Pentium Processor
- Minimum 64 MB RAM
- 50 MB Space for Software Installation, and
- Some space to save results.
The tool’s performance also depends upon the system configuration; therefore, prior downloading any version of the tool, it is recommended to check the system requirements.