IntroductionThe SQL Schema is a logical collection of SQL Objects including the tables, associated with columns, its relevant entries, or other elements. While creating the schema, a user will be able to access the database in more effective manner. However, a situation occurs in SQL server that different errors occurs while accessing it. One such error is SQL server error 211, which occurs when the server table is getting updated. In the following section, we will cover reasons for corruption in the server Schema and then possible solutions to overcome this error.
Problem StatementSuppose a user tries to update some database tables on his server and meanwhile a schema corruption error message occurs on the system. This error can exist in any version of SQL Server such as Server 2005, 2008 etc.
“Msg: 211, Level 23, State 51, Line 1 Possible schema corruption.
Run DBCC CHECKCATALOG
Msg 0, Level 20, State 0, Line 0”
Reasons Behind SQL Server Error 211Generally, schema corruption in database evolve very rarely in the SQL Server. When this error took place, a user have to check out the main cause of the error i.e., either via SQL error Log files or some other.
There are multiple reasons where schema gets corrupted and some of them are mentioned below:
- Due to improper computer activities by server users
- Sudden software failure leads to Schema corruption
- Hardware failure is the major issue behind corruption
How to Fix Corruption Error 211 in SQL ServerThere are several methods to resolve this server error. A user can choose any one approach to remove or delete the schema corruption which is present within the server. Following are the all possible solutions to fix the error:
- One of the compatible solution for resolving this error is to restore the backup files of the database. In addition, go through following scenarios that will help you in restoring backup files:
- If a user has backup of transaction log, then take a backup of tail-log and restore the latest backup completely with entire transaction logs that are ending with tail-log backup. In such case, the result will become in 0 data loss.
- If a user does not have a backup of the transaction log then, develop a new database and import more data as possible or if a user is able to determine culprit table, then drop that table & recreate it.
Alternate Solution to Resolve SQL Server Database CorruptionThe most appropriate solution for fixing SQL error code 211 is third party SQL recovery tool. It is safe and secure way to troubleshoot this error with help of following steps:
Step1: Launch SQL Recovery, Add MDF file and press Open button
Step 2: Analyze all your data of the server file and then click on Export button
Step 3: Now, select an option between two i.e., with the only Schema or with Schema & Data for exporting MDF file and click on save to start migration process
Finally, you will be able to get a healthy MDF file with help of this solution and hence, fix SQL server error 211.